A decade has passed since MIT announced the concept of OpenCourseWare to the public and four years has passed since OCW Consortium has been established as registered Non-profit Organization. Nowadays more than 250 universities have published more than 21,000 courses from all over the world. In 2012 Paris OER Declaration has been approved and published to foster OER activities more. In many Asian countries various activities related to Open Education have been emerging in recent years as well.
In November 2009, “The 1st Asia Regional OCW Conference 2009” was held as the first conference in Seoul, Korea hosted by Korea University and Korea OCW Consortium (KOCWC) and in November 2010, “The 2010 Asia Regional OpenCourseWare and OpenEducation Conference” was held as the second conference in Taipei, Taiwan hosted by National Chao Tung University and Taiwan OCW Consortium (TOCW). In November 2011, “The 2011 Asia Regional OpenCourseWare and OpenEducation Conference” was held as the third conference in Tokyo, Japan hosted by Meiji University and Japan OCW Consortium (JOCW).Through those conferences we could share the experiences, know-how and challenges accumulated in Asian countries.
Now we would like to invite many proposals to the 4th conference, 2012 Asia Regional OpenCourseWare and Open Education Conference in Bangkok, on January 21st -22nd , 2013.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- OpenCourseWare country reports from regional consortia
- OpenCourseWare best practices from each university
- OpenCourseWare new challenges
- Open Education best cases
- Long-term sustainability of open education projects
- International copyright and intellectual property rights issues
- Open education policy and strategy
International Executive Committee
- Prof. Yoshimi Fukuhara, Meiji University, Japan (Chair)
- Prof. Qiong Wang, Peking University, China
- Prof. Haruo Takemura, Osaka University, Japan
- Prof. JinHyouk IM, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea.
- Prof. Hikyoung Lee, Korea University, Korea
- Dr. Gajaraj Dhanarajan, Wawasan Open University, Malaysia
- Prof. Wei-i Lee, National Chiao-Tung University, Taiwan
- Prof. Supannee Sombuntham, Thailand Cyber University, Thailand
- Dr. Chawalert Lertchalolarn, Thailand Cyber University, Thailand
- Dr. Thapanee Thammetar, Thailand Cyber University, Thailand
Call for Paper (CFP)
- Abstract submission deadline: November 16 November 30, 2012
- Presentation notification: November 20 December 14, 2012
- Full paper submission deadline: December 20 December 29, 2012
สำหรับผู้นำเสนอคนไทย ที่ส่งบทคัดย่อและได้รับการตอบรับการนำเสนอ จะได้รับการยกเว้นค่าลงทะเบียน
หนังสือเชิญ, สำหรับคนไทยลงทะเบียนไม่เสียค่าใช้จ่ายรับจำนวน 100 คน โดยต้องส่งหนังสือนำ จากต้นสังกัดหลังจากลงทะเบียน, ลงทะเบียนถึงวันที่ 15 มกราคม 2556